Monday, November 16, 2009

The Hobo Hubub

Dear Stumbler,

I think you and I can agree. The world is way too complicated, and Billy had it right. The world IS a vampire. We can work one full hour at a minimum wage job so we can afford three oranges. We work two hours and can afford 500 pages for our printers. We work three hours and HEY, we have five gallons of gas to drive somewhere where we have to work twelve hours to pay for the food we eat!

Lets take a step back, devolve to a simpler creature, lose all worries the world piles on top of our over-burdened shoulders and become bums.

Look at these people. Have you seen anyone else in the world so damn happy? I doubt it (unless you know crack heads, and in that case, they are probably bums anyways, just to prove my point). Walking down the street today after yet another enjoyable Spanish class, I followed one of these creatures. Slowly slinking down the cracked sidewalk, this embodiment of self service and cigarettes was enjoying everything about life at that exact moment.

While I was contemplating my over loaded homework schedule, this magnificent human was wondering where he was going to walk for his afternoon stroll. I was thinking about joining the Army to pay the bills, and he was thinking about how great his Pall Mall's tasted.

I want to be that man. I want to forget the problems of an overactive, over-priced world and slowly stumble into my cardboard box, only to masturbate my problems away and wake up in the morning refreshed.

Maybe I'm insane. Maybe I'm a loser wannabe. Maybe I've lost ambition. Or maybe, JUST MAYBE, I'm a genius you all want to follow.

It's your call internet wanderers.

Thank you,
GOISPU

No comments:

Post a Comment